Versatile Routing Platform(VRP)
It is a Command Line Interface which is used for configuration, management and monitoring of devices. It is based on a standardized and hierarchical command line system. Huawei devices use eNSP software for this purpose.
The command line interface
The command line interface has four command views: They are:
User View: The initial command view of VRP is the User View, which operates as an observation command view for observing parameter statuses and general statistical information.
System View: This view is used for configuring the huawei products. For application of changes to system parameters, users must enter the System View
lThe example demonstrates a selection of common system defined shortcut keys that are widely used to simplify the navigation process within the VRP command line interface. Additional commands are as follows:
- CTRL+B moves the cursor back one character.
- CTRL+D deletes the character where the cursor is located.
- CTRL+E moves the cursor to the end of the current line.
- CTRL+F moves the cursor forward one character.
- CTRL+H deletes the character on the left side of the cursor.
- CTRL+N displays the next command in the historical command buffer.
- CTRL+P displays the previous command in the historical command buffer.
- CTRL+W deletes the word on the left side of the cursor.
- CTRL+X deletes all the characters on the left side of the cursor.
- CTRL+Y deletes all the characters on the right side of the cursor.
- ESC+B moves the cursor one word back.
- ESC+D deletes the word on the right side of the cursor.
- ESC+F moves the cursor forward one word
The system administrator sets user access levels that grant specific users access to specific command levels. The command level of a user is a value ranging from 0 to 3, whilst the user access level is a value ranging from 0 to 15. Level 0 defines a visit level for which access to commands that run network diagnostic tools, (such as ping and traceroute), as well as commands such as telnet client connections, and select display commands.
When you start the huawei router or any product on VRP. The following prompt appear:
- To get help: ? and press enter to view all commands
<huawei> dis? to get help for display
2. to change time zone
<Huawei>clock timezone BJ add 08:00:00
3. to change date and time
<Huawei>clock datetime 10:20:29 2016-04-11
4. <Huawei>display clock
5. To change to system view
<huawei>system-view press enter. prompt changes to:
6. to change component / system name
[huawei] sysname R1
7. to configure interface
[Huawei]interface GigabitEthernet 0/0/0
8. to configure IP
[Huawei-GigabitEthernet0/0/0]ip address 10.0.12.1 255.255.255.0
9. to configure loopback
[Huawei-GigabitEthernet0/0/0]interface loopback 0
[Huawei-LoopBack0]ip address 220.127.116.11 32
10. The user level can be any value in the range of 0 – 15, where values represent a visit level (0), monitoring level (1), configuration level (2), and management level (3)
[Huawei]user-interface vty 0
[Huawei-ui-vty0]user privilege level 2
VRP Command Line Quiz
This quiz is for logged in users only.